Episode 76 – ‘Exercise and Cancer’ with Ian Lahart PhD
Episode 76 of the Guru Performance ‘We Do Science’ Podcast! In this episode I (Laurent Bannock) discuss ‘Exercise and Cancer’ with Ian Lahart PhD, University of Wolverhampton, UK. In this session we get into:
- What is Cancer?
- Role of Physical Activity in the Prevention of Cancer (& specifically Breast Cancer)
- Mechanisms: Why Physical Activity Might Influence Risk and Death from Cancer
- Role of Exercise During & Post Adjuvant Therapy
- Physical activity, risk of death and recurrence in breast cancer survivors: A systematic review and meta-analysis of epidemiological studies – Ian Lahart et al.
- Physical activity for women with breast cancer after adjuvant therapy (Protocol) – Ian Lahart
- ResearchGate for Ian Lahart PhD
SUBSCRIBE TO THE GURU PERFORMANCE PODCAST:
For the full catalogue of the Guru Performance We Do Science Podcast, including MP3 downloads, web player etc – go to our Libsyn Syndication Web Page