Episode 79 – ‘Energy Balance, Imbalance & Interactions’ with James Betts PhD
Episode 79 of the Guru Performance ‘We Do Science’ Podcast! In this episode I (Laurent Bannock) discuss ‘Energy Balance, Imbalance & Interactions’ with Dr James Betts, University of Bath, UK. In this session we get into:
- Defining Energy Balance (in Biological Systems)
- Energy Balance Interactions
- Compensatory Mechanisms
- Total, Type, Timing (Diet / Activity) and Energy Balance
- Breakfast and Energy Balance
- Exercise, Overfeeding and Energy Balance
- Energy balance and its components: implications for body weight regulation – Hall et al.
- Calorie for Calorie, Dietary Fat Restriction Results in More Body Fat Loss than Carbohydrate Restriction in People with Obesity – Hall et al.
- ResearchGate for James Betts
SUBSCRIBE TO THE GURU PERFORMANCE PODCAST:
For the full catalogue of the Guru Performance We Do Science Podcast, including MP3 downloads, web player etc – go to our Libsyn Syndication Web Page