Episode 80 of the Guru Performance ‘We Do Science’ Podcast! In this episode I (Laurent Bannock) discuss ‘Athlete Immune Health’ with Professor Neil Walsh, Bangor University, UK. In this session we get into:
- Defining Immunity
- Immune Function & Performance
- Are upper respiratory tract infections a problem for athletes?
- Recommendations for avoiding infection
- How does stress alter immunity?
- Key factors that lower immunity in athletes and recommendations (Training stress, Life stress, Poor sleep,
- Environmental stress, Poor nutrition)
- Can we monitor immunity to predict infection in athletes?
- Exercise, immune function and respiratory infection: An update on the influence of training and environmental stress – Walsh and Oliver (2015)
- ResearchGate for Prof Neil Walsh
SUBSCRIBE TO THE GURU PERFORMANCE PODCAST:
For the full catalogue of the Guru Performance We Do Science Podcast, including MP3 downloads, web player etc – go to our Libsyn Syndication Web Page