Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.
Who we are
Texas A&M Athletics department is committed to building champions through academic achievement, athletic excellence, and national recognition of student-athletes, teams, and programs. We are a proud member of the Southeastern Conference, with more than 650 Texas A&M student-athletes competing at the NCAA Division 1-A level in 20 varsity sports.
What we want
The Assistant Athletic Director for Performance Nutrition, under general direction, serves on the Performance and Wellness Leadership Team, and is responsible for leading the Performance Nutrition unit. Manages a team of full-time, developmental, and student staff. In addition to strong clinical/subject-matter expertise, this role is part of a multidisciplinary approach to student athlete support and care.
What you need to know
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate to selected hire’s experience.
Cover Letter/Resume’: A cover letter and resume’ are strongly recommended. You may upload these documents on the application under CV/Resume.
Position details: Ability to work flexible hours (nights, weekends & holidays).
(1) Assistant Director of Performance Nutrition
(1) Football Sports Dietitian
(1) Sports Dietitian
(1) Sports Dietitian Fellow
(1) Administrative Coordinator
COVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep students, employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. For the latest information regarding Texas A&M’s COVID-19 response, please visit the University’s COVID-19 website. For COVID-19 employment-related information, please visit the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness’ COVID-19 website.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a nutrition related field.
- Four years of athletics administration experience, including three years in sports nutrition.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent leadership and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong clinical/counseling skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- Registered & Licensed Dietitian.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a nutrition related field.
- Five years of experience in sports nutrition at the collegiate level.
- Previous experience leading elements of a nutrition program and supervision of staff.
- Previous experience leading a nutrition program at the NCAA level.
- Documentable record of successful mentorship and development of staff.
- Previous management of a training table budget.
- Leadership and Administration – Develops and organizes a staffing and resource model that promotes sustained excellence for all varsity sports teams at Texas A&M. Collaborates with Performance and Wellness and sport staff to create an optimal fueling environment for student-athletes. Identifies and documents barriers to success and/or areas of opportunity for the Performance Nutrition unit, and communicates appropriately to the Administration. Provides staff appropriate guidelines and examples of best practices. Performs periodic evaluations and shares constructive feedback. Delegates responsibilities and projects to appropriate staff members to empower individuals, and provide professional development opportunities. Works with the Performance Nutrition staff to develop and periodically update goals and the overarching vision of the unit. Organizes and direct staff meetings to ensure progress towards team goals and vision. Oversees the Performance Nutrition budget, including Gatorade and Muscle Milk contracted allotments. Ensures that expenditures are within approved parameters. Ensures that the University and Department policies are followed regarding receipt of revenue and purchases of goods and services.
- Nutrition Counseling & Education – Provides direct nutrition counseling and education for select number of sports teams. Delegates and provides oversight over staff leading services to other teams. Instructs proper fueling techniques to support the demands of student athletes’ training programs and practice schedules. Motivates student athletes to meet fueling, weight, and body composition goals through education and awareness. Designs meal plans to meet the needs of student athletes. Organizes and implements educational programs to ensure that all student athletes have foundational knowledge of performance nutrition and fueling techniques. Develops team education sessions, provides demonstration kitchen classes, and leads shopping tours for student athletes. Contributes educational content to new student orientation and/or Summer Bridge classes. Stays informed on current research and trends in all areas of Performance Nutrition and strives to continually evaluate and update Performance Nutrition Program.
- Slocum Nutrition Center/Fueling Stations – Works with the GM/Executive Chef and the rest of the Slocum staff, to develop menus, monitor food quality and quantity, collect guest feedback and share with Performance Nutrition and Slocum staff. Schedules and plans special events. Periodically assesses relationship/partnership with current campus dining partner and shares alternatives, if required, with the Administration. Establishes strong relationships with sport specific staff and develops clear expectations, roles and responsibilities, etc. for fueling stations at each facility.
- Testing & Evaluation – Leads or delegates body composition testing and other assessments to enhance the evaluation of student athletes and teams. Leads Performance Nutrition’s development of protocols and data practices that allows for accurate collection and interpretation of data in an efficient manner. Communicates results with Performance & Wellness staff and sport coaches (limited) in a way which will aid evaluations of student athlete performance. Researches and promotes discussion of optimal testing and evaluation principles.
- Performance & Wellness Leadership & Collaboration – Serves as a member of the Performance & Wellness Leadership Team, driving multidisciplinary projects forward. Collaborates with key on-campus partners, such as Kinesiology, Food Science, and A&M Health/School of Medicine. Serves on various Athletics Department committees, or delegates responsibility as appropriate. Maintains the Eating Disorder policy for the athletic department.
- Compliance – Maintains continual and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA, Conference and University rules and regulations. Establishes and ensures communication and enforcement of rules and regulations concerning student-athlete: conduct, appearance, road games, punctuality and other areas as deemed appropriate. Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Back To All Vacancies
Academy Nutritionist – U18 and U21’s
Lead Performance Nutritionist (British Cycling)
Associate Director of Performance Nutrition
Senior Performance Nutritionist
Major League Performance Nutritionist and Food Service Manager
Performance Nutrition Intern
Performance Nutritionist Men's Academy & Women's First Team
IRFU Performance Nutritionist, Women’s National XVs Team and Pathways
Academy Nutrition Lead
Performance Nutritionist/Sports Dietitian
First team Women and Academy Nutritionist
Nutrition | Product communication specialist
Academy and WSL Nutritionist
Assistant Performance Dietitian
Senior Sports Nutritionist/Dietitian