Loughborough University is delighted to invite applications for the role of Performance Nutritionist.
The role will be working with Performance Programmes allocated by Loughborough Sport and Loughborough University whose athletes are competing in British University Championships (BUCS) and National/International competitions including athletes competing at European, World and Olympic level. Alongside these athletes you’ll also work with partners and our commercial service team to provide Performance Nutrition support to athletes, coaches and support personnel.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Deliver, organise and review nutrition support for allocated Performance Sports for Loughborough University. This will include the delivery of workshops, one-on-one consultations and group sessions to athletes.
- Help foster relationships with Loughborough University Performance Programme coaches to organise and plan appropriate and novel support mechanisms for sports nutrition to athletes.
- Help foster relationships with other support staff (strength & conditioning, performance analysis, biomechanics, physiology, psychology and sports medicine) to contribute to the delivery of the agreed support programme whilst maintaining relationships within the interdisciplinary team (IDT).
- Help foster a food first approach to nutrition among athletes, coaches and performance support teams.
- Create and deliver plans and strategies that influence or change behaviour to improve nutritional habits of athletes, coaches and performance support staff.
- Develop yearly plans for nutrition support to Performance Programmes and maintain a database of support provision and workload log.
- Keep up-to-date with current research and development in sports nutrition and science, and where appropriate apply this to the work carried out.
- Produce resource materials for athletes, coaches and performance support.
- Provide additional nutrition support to the external Commercial Service as and when required.
- Support the Performance Nutrition Lead in the delivery of nutrition discipline’s philosophy, key aims and objectives.
- A willingness to engage with and support continuous professional development through internal and external opportunities e.g. journal articles, case review, conferences and courses.
- Help mentor a set of nutrition interns and placement students in the provision of Performance Nutrition support to designated sport programmes.
- Assist in the development of key relationships between Loughborough Sport, School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences (SSEHS) and other partners.
- This role is part-time and fixed-term.
Please note, interviews will be held on Thursday 20 October 2022 in Loughborough.
For informal enquiries, please contact the Loughborough Sport Administration Team on 01509 223793 or email email@example.com.
Please see this link for further details
Back To All Vacancies
Lead Performance Nutritionist (British Cycling)
Associate Director of Performance Nutrition
Senior Performance Nutritionist
Major League Performance Nutritionist and Food Service Manager
Assistant Athletic Director for Performance Nutrition
Performance Nutrition Intern
Performance Nutritionist Men's Academy & Women's First Team
IRFU Performance Nutritionist, Women’s National XVs Team and Pathways
Academy Nutrition Lead
Performance Nutritionist/Sports Dietitian
First team Women and Academy Nutritionist
Nutrition | Product communication specialist
Academy and WSL Nutritionist
Assistant Performance Dietitian
Senior Sports Nutritionist/Dietitian