Accreditation / Recognition
The IOPN Diploma in Performance Nutrition is widely regarded as one of the premier professional practice focussed education programs in the world, and as such has become a popular choice for current and aspiring sport and exercise nutrition practitioners working or looking to work in professional and/or elite sport and high performance environments. As such we are proud to boast that many top-tier professional teams and organisations in the UK and overseas require and/or even sponsor their current or aspiring staff go though our program.
The IOPN Diploma is NOT a university degree, it is a professional competency-based education program that is at the level of a post graduate degree in terms of equivalency. Many of our students undertake the IOPN Diploma to bridge the gap between their university studies and “real world” practice and/or to enable access to post-graduate study in those that did not attend university but are eligible to apply for the IOPN Diploma having earned extensive relevant professional certifications and experience.
Most of our students who have a relevant degree (i.e. sport science, dietetics etc) undertake the IOPN Diploma to enhance their credentials so to increase their employability and generally their confidence and competence to practice in both professional team settings and in private practice as a consultant. See what are current students have to say about the IOPN Diploma in these testimonials (PDF download).
Over and above our commitment to delivering the highest quality of evidence-based knowledge on the IOPN Diploma in Performance Nutrition, we strive to ensure that our students will graduate with a credential that is highly respected and recognised by relevant professional and academic bodies. The IOPN Diploma in Performance Nutrition currently has achieved the following accreditations and recognition:
- SENr (UK Sport and Exercise Nutrition Register): recognition of program to support application for graduate registration in eligible applicants (see Pathways to SENr registration PDF download)
- ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine): Accredited as an approved education provider
- PINES (Professionals in Nutrition for Exercise and Sport): recognition of program and eligibility for student and professional membership
- ISSN (International Society of Sports Nutrition): recognition of program and eligibility to take the CISSN certification exam as well as student and professional membership
- BDA (British Dietetic Association): program accredited (for CPD)
- BASES (British Association for Sport and Exercise Science): program accredited (for CPD)
Masters Degree Access:
The IOPN Diploma in Performance Nutrition is a post graduate level (mapped to 90 credits at L9 / M Level in the UK) professional education program that has been designed to satisfy professional body registration competencies in a number of professional bodies (currently SENr and AfN) in their requirements for post graduate level education. As such many universities will consider an application from an IOPN graduate for entry onto their MSc degree program. Please note that if you already have an MSc in a related area, such as Sport Science, Exercise Physiology, Nutrition, Dietetics, or Strength and Conditioning, then the successful completion of the IOPN Diploma in Performance Nutrition will already enable you to apply for professional graduate registration with the UK Sport and Exercise Nutrition Register (see our Pathways to SENr PDF download). Visit our Masters degree options page for more details.
More national and international academic and professional body accreditations and recognition are currently being sought.