Accreditation / Recognition
The IOPN Diploma is an advanced (EQF Level 7) practice-focussed professional training and development program. Many of our students undertake the IOPN Diploma to bridge the gap between their university studies and “real world” practice and/or to enable access to post-graduate study in those that did not attend university but are eligible to apply for the IOPN Diploma having earned extensive relevant professional certifications and experience in fitness and nutrition.
Most of our students who have a relevant degree (i.e. sport science, dietetics etc) undertake the IOPN Diploma to enhance their credentials in order to increase their employability and most importantly their confidence and competence to practice in both professional team settings and in private practice as a consultant.
See what are current students have to say about the IOPN Diploma in these testimonials (PDF download).
Over and above our commitment to delivering the highest quality of evidence-based knowledge on the IOPN Diploma in Performance Nutrition, we strive to ensure that our students will graduate with a credential that is highly respected and recognised by relevant professional and academic bodies. The IOPN Diploma in Performance Nutrition currently has achieved the following endorsements and recognition:
Current Endorsements / Accreditations / Recognitions:
- SENr (UK Sport and Exercise Nutrition Register): recognition of IOPN Diploma course to support a portfolio application for graduate registration in eligible applicants (see Pathways to SENr registration PDF download).
- AfN (UK Association for Nutrition): The course content has been endorsed under the AfN CPD endorsement scheme from January 2020 to January 2022. This means that it is considered to be appropriate CPD activity to further the professional knowledge and learning of AfN registrants, and to support a portfolio application for sport and exercise nutritionist registration in those that are eligible to apply.
- ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine): IOPN accredited as an approved education provider.
- PINES (Professionals in Nutrition for Exercise and Sport): recognition of IOPN Diploma and eligibility for student and professional membership.
- ISSN (International Society of Sports Nutrition): recognition of IOPN Diploma and eligibility to take the CISSN certification exam as well as for student and professional membership.
- BASES (British Association for Sport and Exercise Science): IOPN Diploma accredited (for CPD).
- ECSS (European College of Sports Science): recognition of IOPN Diploma in Performance Nutrition students and graduates for membership.
Masters Degree Access:
The IOPN Diploma in Performance Nutrition is an advanced (EQF Level 7) professional training and development program that has also been designed to support professional registration competencies for a number of professional bodies (currently SENr and AfN) in their requirements to support a portfolio application for sport and exercise nutritionist registration in those that are eligible to apply.
Due to the level and comprehensiveness of our program many universities will consider an application from an IOPN graduate for entry onto their MSc degree program. Please note that if you already have an MSc in a related area, such as Sport Science, Exercise Physiology, Nutrition, Dietetics, or Strength and Conditioning, then the successful completion of the IOPN Diploma in Performance Nutrition will already enable you to apply for professional graduate registration with the UK Sport and Exercise Nutrition Register (see our Pathways to SENr PDF download). Visit our Masters degree options page for more details.
More national and international academic and professional body accreditations and recognition are currently being sought.