Mid-level software engineer (part time)
Job type: Contract (6 months initial)
Term: 2 days per week ****(flexible / negotiable)
Rate: £225 / day
Apply by: Position open until filled
Location: Remote (UK-based)
SENPRO is an exciting startup Software as a Service (SaaS), built for Sport and Exercise Nutritionists. Frustrated by the number of platforms and apps that have traditionally been required to coach clients and athletes, we made it our mission to build one professional platform that contains the fundamental tools to manage and grow an online sports nutrition coaching business. Since launching less than 2 years ago, we’ve helped hundreds of Sport and Exercise Nutritionists build nutrition programmes, deliver nutrition education and help their clients build life changing habits. We’re looking for a talented and ambitious mid-level Software Engineer to join our small and agile team to help us achieve our growth plans. You will need at least 3 years of recent commercial experience working with Python, Django and Django REST framework.
What you’ll do
- You’ll be responsible for building and maintaining SENPROs’ web-platform and mobile app
- Work closely with our Senior Engineer and Director of Product to make design and development related decisions for new project cycles
- Contribute towards the overall technical strategy and architecture of the platform
- Carry out bug testing, platform maintenance and testing scripts
- Build internal and external APIs
What you’ll need
- At least 3 years recent commercial experience using Python, Django, Django REST framework and PostgreSQL
- Demonstrable experience building clean, modern interfaces
- Experience with Git and related processes for deployment using GitLab (or similar)
- Knowledge of web application design and architecture
A bonus if you have
- Payment processing using Stripe (secure payment gateway)
- Mobile development and associated platforms (we use Expo, the App Store and Google Play)
- An understanding of modern UI / UX design
- Knowledge of mobile app development and deployment
- We’re looking for an excellent written and verbal communicator who can share and articulate ideas clearly over a range of communication channels.
- Given the remote nature of the role, you’ll work effectively independently and will take responsibility for improving productivity and self-development. You’ll be self-motivated and proactive and have a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent time management, project management and have a strong ability to make calculated decisions in order to prioritise tasks.
- As we achieve our next key milestones, there will be more opportunity to embrace new challenges & take on more responsibility, such as growing and leading a smaller team of less experienced developers.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity.
Creating a win-win working relationship
- We want to get the right people on the bus and create win-win working relationships! That’s why we want to understand what is important to you in a new role and what an ideal working situation looks like. We’re able to be flexible within our business working hours, whether that looks like an 8 hour working day, or something more flexible split across 2 – 4 days to accommodate for school, nursery or other commitments. All we ask is that you communicate your planned core working hours in advance – this helps make sure we have the right members of the team available for collaboration, discussions and review where needed! Also let us know if you would like to be considered for the same role on a part time employed basis.
How to apply
Please send a short video to firstname.lastname@example.org to introduce yourself to the SENPRO team and to tell us why this role interests you. Next we’ll ask that you complete a short written technical test. Providing we feel we could a good fit for each other, we’ll organise a video call between you, Sean (Director of Product) and Andrew (our Senior Engineer) for us to have a chance to get to know each other more!
The position will remain open until filled.