Episode 154: How does nutrient timing affect body composition and performance?
With Professor Shawn Arent
Episode 154 of the Institute of Performance Nutrition‘s “We Do Science” podcast! In this episode, Laurent Bannock discusses “Muscle Protein synthesis and Exercise & Nutrition” with Professor Shawn Arent (University of South Carolina, USA).
Discussion topics Include:
- Defining nutrient timing and related body of research
- Why nutrient timing is such a nuanced topic, and why its Importance is highly context dependent
- Nutrient timing as dietary strategy for body composition and for performance
- Pre/Intra/Post exercise nutrition strategies
- Additional timing considerations
- Practical implications