Episode 122 of the Institute of Performance Nutrition‘s We Do Science podcast! In this episode, Laurent Bannock discusses nutrition and altitude training with Trent Stellingwerff PhD (Canadian Sport Institute-Pacific).
Discussion topics include:
- Defining and describing elite athletes and altitude
- Physiological impact and purpose of training at altitude
- Energy availability and relative energy deficiency in endurance athletes training at altitude
- Key nutritional considerations and practical concerns
- Iron and other supplement considerations
Key papers discussed / referred to: