Episode 128 of the Institute of Performance Nutrition‘s We Do Science podcast! In this episode, Laurent Bannock discuss ketogenic diet and athletes with Dr Fionn McSwiney (Dublin City University, Ireland).
Discussion topics include:
- Defining ketogenic and low-carb diets
- Potential benefits, limitations, and relevance of ketogenic diets to athletes
- Differentiating elite and non-elite athletes and differing types of training and events as it relates to training, performance and metabolism and how that relates to ketogenic diets and impact on athletes
- Exploring the evidence on ketogenic diets and athletes
- Potential practical applications for the ketogenic diet in athletes
Key paper(s) discussed / referred to: