Episode 138 of the Institute of Performance Nutrition‘s We Do Science podcast! In this episode, I (Laurent Bannock) discuss Ramadan fasting and performance: an applied perspective” with Matt Jones MSc SENr (West Ham United FC and UAE Football Association).
Discussion topics include:
- General introduction and experiences as a performance nutritionist working with athletes during Ramadan
- What is Ramadan and Ramadan fasting, and impact on nutrition habits and behaviours
- Reflecting on Ramadan experiences
- Shaping performance nutrition strategies to Ramadan challenges
- Evidence-based practice, belief, and best practice
- Ramadan nutrition practical recommendations