Episode 144 of the Institute of Performance Nutrition‘s We Do Science podcast! In this episode, Laurent Bannock discusses dietary nitrates and physical performance with Professor Andrew Jones PhD (University of Exeter, UK).
Discussion topics include:
- Overview of nitric oxide and dietary nitrates
- Dietary nitrate supplementation as an ergogenic aid
- Current thinking on mechanisms of action
- Effects on muscle function and performance
- Physiological effects of dietary nitrate supplementation in elite and non-elite athletes
Key paper(s) discussed / referred to: