Episode 183: Hormones, Health and Human Potential
with Dr Nicky Keay
Episode 183 of the Institute of Performance Nutrition‘s “We Do Science” podcast! In this episode, I (Laurent Bannock) discuss “Hormones, Health and Human Potential” with Dr Nicky Keay MB BChir MRCP (Honorary Clinical Lecturer, Division of Medicine, University College London, UK).
Discussion Topics Include:
- How hormones play a crucial role in determining health
- How hormone networks provide the feedback mechanism by which our lifestyle and behaviours enable us to reach our personal (and athletic) potential.
- Lifestyle factors and their influence on health through hormone networks
- Harnessing hormones as preventative and supportive medicine
- Athlete performance mediated by hormones
- Imbalances in behaviours causing hormone dysregulation
Key Paper(s) Discussed / Referred to:
Related Podcast Episodes: