Episode 164 of the Institute of Performance Nutrition‘s “We Do Science” podcast! In this episode, Laurent Bannock discusses “High Protein Diets: In Context” with Professor Kevin Tipton (The Institute of Performance Nutrition, UK).
Discussion Topics Include:
- Overview of high protein nutrition research
- Science communication and translational issues: terms such as “hi / low protein”
- Potential contexts for high protein intake: Muscle hypertrophy, hypoenergetic weight loss, recovery from intense exercise,
- Potential problems with high-protein diets
- Conclusions / Summary: context statement