Episode 166: In the trenches: How to build a career in professional sport
With Dr James Morehen
Episode 166 of the Institute of Performance Nutrition‘s “We Do Science” podcast! In this episode, Dr Laurent Bannock discusses how to forge a career in professional sport with Dr James Morehen PhD (UK).
Discussion Topics Include:
- What is a Performance Nutritionist?
- Dr Morehen’s career journey in academia, research, and applied practice
- Standout moments that have defined them
- Key characteristics required in to work as a Performance Nutritionist
- Influential factors impacting a successful career
- Examples of some big challenges faced in practice and career navigation
- Recommendations to younger / early career practitioners
- Areas not taught on traditional degrees which are fundamental for a successful career in performance nutrition
Key paper(s) & resources discussed / referred to: